Multi- Storey Apartment Building, Dee Why
Our client for this project was an overseas property developer with little knowledge of the local market.
The project involved the design and construction of a four storey residential apartment building in Dee Why, Sydney. The land had been purchased by our client, complete with a concept design for an approved development. A builder had been selected by our client, and final negotiations were in progress for a fixed lump sum price.
Upon engagement, MJ Wood Management identified the following:
- The concept design was not contained with the approved height envelope
- The unit layout design was not functional and did not satisfy the requirements of the development consent from an accessibility perspective
- The structural design drawings were not compatible with the architectural drawings
- The services design documentation had not been coordinated
- There was insufficient detailing to commence construction
- The developer would not make a profit on the project
- The proposed fixed lump sum from the preferred builder was not cost effective
As a consequence of the project assessment by MJ Wood Management, our client agreed to the following initiatives:
- The preparation of revised design documentation and specifications, to reduce construction costs
- Design modifications to ensure compliance with development consent conditions
- Fully coordinated services design documentation
- Tendering of the revised design documentation to a list or pre-selected builders (please note that the original builder declined to bid)
The project was subsequently delivered to the complete satisfaction of the client.
What Our Clients Say
The relocation of our corporate headquarters from Regents Park to our new facility at Bankstown, was completed on time and within budget.
MJ Wood Management have been retained as our preferred project management company for future property works.