Seniors Living (Affordable Housing) Developments, Western Sydney
MJ Wood Management joined forces with McLachlan Lister (now Hill International), to manage the design and construction of medium density seniors living developments for Housing New South Wales.
The works were funded by the federal government as a component of the National Jobs Stimulus Programme.
MJ Wood Management was responsible for the following key initiatives:
- Preparation and management of an integrated master programme for the forty sites
- Bundling of projects into packages to suit the size and diversity of the builders
- Preparation and implementation of the Service Delivery Plan
- Preparation and implementation of the Safety Management System
- Preparation of the Programme Control Group Report
- Implementation of progress payments to the builders (in lieu of milestone payments) to improve cash flow
The project was an outstanding success, with a total six hundred dwellings located in forty separate sites delivered to the client under budget. and within the required time frame of eighteen months.
The most rewarding aspect of the project, was the joy on the faces of the tenants as they moved into their new homes. Their comments included:
- We are truly blessed to be living in such high quality accommodation
- Only millionaires can afford to live in such lovely homes
- My children are proud to bring their friends home
What Our Clients Say
Galderma has no hesitation recommending MJ Wood Management to any organization seeking professional project management services.